I see there is a prominent "amiga-tick" reaction available for messages. I loved my Amiga 2000 and the Amiga community. What does it mean when you use the amiga-tick reaction?
10/17/2023, 11:23 PM
To me, amiga tick means exactly the same as 🍰 or 👍 or ➕ or 💯 or ❤️ or ✅ or ✔️. It's just a way to signal a positive reaction. Choosing to use one or another in any given situation is a matter of personal taste and style.
10/17/2023, 11:48 PM
• ❤️: I love this, nice work. (Usually for demos.)
• 💯: Absolutely agreed. (Usually in debates.)
• ✔️: Done. (Usually in my work Slack.)
• 👍🏼: Acknowledgment. I like this, but not enough to throw you a ❤️
• 🍰: Ivan got here before me, and I couldn't work up the energy to find the right emoji.
10/18/2023, 12:12 AM
• 👀 : I will take a look (or already did), and don't have anything more to say yet
• 👏 or 🎉: I celebrate this, high-five, nicely done.
• 😂 or 😭 or 🐣: Damn, that sucks, sorry. (I use hatching chick for this whenever there's an element of naivety, a la f-around find out.)
• 🍻: Thank you for doing that thing that I probably should have done.
• 😑: I despise this but can't be arsed to dignify it with a powerful reaction.
• 🧵: Hey, this is a cool thought, you should start a whole new thread about it. (Kudos to @Kartik Agaram for setting up this particular emoji+meaning. Also note that the 🧵 emoji used to have a different meaning — hey, this top-level post is a reply to the top-level post above it, and you should use the threaded reply feature — but I've personally decided that a quick DM is a better way to handle that situation)