I don't think you can improve on the combo of: 1) slider/knob 2) text input
10/16/2022, 1:32 PM
What you can do depends on if the range is known, and what precision you want:
• Less/More: for steppers with < ~15ish value
• Min/max: for defined ranges where the user wants short bursts
• Accelerating hold: when the user wants precision in the beginning but the range is wide so holding is a good indicator they wanna go farther raster.
• Copy from or value suggestion: when the user wants this value to match another (maybe something recent)
• Speedometer/pie: when the range is well known and there's some tradeoff to another value (ex: two values are constrained to equal 1). Often mixed with locking if > 2 values are part of the constraint.
So lots of ways, have fun!